Function and Applications
For spatial visualisation of the field generated by a rod shaped magnet.
Equipment and Technical Data
- Rectangular Plexiglas block with central hole, e. g for magnet (06317.00).
- Filled with high viscosity special liquid and iron filings.
- When the magnet is introduced, the iron filings uniformly distributed in the liquid orient themselves floating along the magnetic fieldlines.
- A contained gas bubble assures uniform distribution of the iron filings when the device is shaken.
- Dimensions (mm): 80 × 80 × 110.
- Hole diameter: 14 mm.
- Magnet d = 8 mm, l = 60 mm (06317.00).