Function and applications
The light from a lasersiode is used to excite neodymium atoms in a Nd:YAG crystal.
- The power emitted by the laser diode can be measured as a function of the supply current.
- The fluorescence spectrum of the Nd:YAG crystal is analysed and the main absorption lines of the Nd-Atoms are verified.
- Finally the half-life of the 4F3/2-level is estimated.
- With only a small number of additional components it is possible to build a Nd:YAG laser with this system.
Equipment and technical data
- 1 Flat rail 500 mm with scale
- 1 Laser diode 450 mW in X-Y adjustment holder on carrier
- 1 Control electronics LDS 1200
- 1 Beam shaping optics in holder on carrier
- 1 Beam Focusing in holder on carrier
- 1 Nd:YAG crystal in holder adjustable on carrier
- 1 Filter holder on carrier with filter RG 1000
- 1 Photo detector in holder on carrier and adjustment target
- 3 BNC cables
- 1 IR detector converter screen 800-1200 nm
- 1 Set for optics cleaning
- 1 User manual