Function and Applications
Exactly counter balanced lever to investigate the lever principles, to assemble a beam balance or to perform equilibrium and pendulum experiments.
Equipment and technical data
- Metallic rod with white and yellow demonstration subdivision.
- Length: 585 mm.
- 20 equidistant pins to hang spring balances, balance pans or weight holders with slotted weights and hook weights.
- Hole with cross-groove at the centre of gravity (indifferent balance).
- Either bolt with pin or bolt with knife edge are suitable for suspending the lever.
- In order to demonstrate stable and unstable balance, two supplementary holes are placed above and below the hole at the centre of gravity.
- Holes at the ends.
- Furthermore a threaded hole to take pointer.